Guest Announcements

Spring Run - April 28th
Tech Day - May 12th

Calendar

Pre-scheduled events sponsored by Nutmeg Miata Club, Inc.

Calendar

Postby Droptop2001 » April 7th, 2018, 11:51 pm

Now that it is APRIL, I really wish that the club events calendar for the year could be posted.
I need to plan quite far ahead to participate in rides or events, and this is just not working out for me. :banghead:
Droptop2001

Re: Calendar

Postby Jckrbt » April 8th, 2018, 5:30 pm

Dave,
The webmaster is working on getting a new website, and it doesn’t make much sense to put all the events on the old site.
However, the monthly minutes do not divulge all of the details of what is going on with the website (it is just a brief)

It would be great if our leadership could start a thread explaining what is going on with the new website and keep the general membership updated on it’s progress.

Dan
Jckrbt

Postby GrahamC » April 8th, 2018, 8:32 pm

Yes Dan, point well taken it will be brought up this coming Tuesday at Maples.
GrahamC

Postby rleclerc » April 15th, 2018, 4:42 pm

Sorry guys, I've dragged my butt a bit on this. The calendar is being updated for the year today. The new website and forum will be forthcoming but will take longer than planned so I will ensure we have all the needed info on the current site.

Thanks
Rob
rleclerc

Postby rleclerc » April 15th, 2018, 5:37 pm

rleclerc wrote:Sorry guys, I've dragged my butt a bit on this. The calendar is being updated for the year today. The new website and forum will be forthcoming but will take longer than planned so I will ensure we have all the needed info on the current site.

Thanks
Rob

The calendar is updated for all events that I know of. We are missing detail in quite a few and I will email out to all involved to get me those details soon but we have all of the dates in there with the info that I was given.
rleclerc

Spring Tech Day CANCELLED Mass Miata May 5th

Postby brucer2020 » April 18th, 2018, 5:46 am

Hey, Just got Notification that Mass Miata Cancelled the Tech Day for May 5th, with no updates as to why or if they are planning a different date. Soon as I hear, I will inform you! Have a great extended Winter...It Snowed again In Harwinton last night! :(
brucer2020

Re: Spring Tech Day CANCELLED Mass Miata May 5th

Postby 3rd Pedal » April 18th, 2018, 7:54 am

brucer2020 wrote:Hey, Just got Notification that Mass Miata Cancelled the Tech Day for May 5th, with no updates as to why or if they are planning a different date. Soon as I hear, I will inform you! Have a great extended Winter...It Snowed again In Harwinton last night! :(

Bob posted the following on miatanet:

"Sorry Guy's and Girls But there will be "NO TECH DAY" this year. It will be back next year in April. May is to late in the year."

...and

"There are to many things going on in May. Auto Cross Events Com Events Mass Miata Events. Ct. Miata club Events. Just could not find a time that everyone would be here to help. And I need the help to run it. So hope for good weather next April. We may try to do something this fall."
3rd Pedal

Postby 3miataFamily » April 18th, 2018, 1:46 pm

i saw this info on Miata.net yesterday...and forgot to add it here...

I know a couple folks wanted alignments...but that will have to wait

there has been a suggestion made on Mnet to do a little get together somewhere anyway...a lot of folks had planned on being at the tech day.

Any ideas...somewhere in north central CT or south central MA?
3miataFamily

Postby 3miataFamily » April 19th, 2018, 9:34 am

the following was posted on Miata.net

Many of us were disappointed to learn of the cancellation of this years event due to scheduling conflicts and a late date in the season (May vs April). I got to thinking about those who have attended in years past and the percentage of those who attended who scheduled technical work to be done on that day. My estimate would be about 10 to 15 percent of attendees scheduled work to be performed. With that in mind, that left the remaining attendees who simply desired to gather and talk Miata's while renewing friendships from past years and prior gatherings.

So I decided to ask Bob if he would host a gathering of Miata's on the previously scheduled day of May 5th, at his garage in Clinton, for those that would simply like to get out and celebrate a Miata day, with no technical services being scheduled or performed, outside of Mass State Inspections. There would be no involvement on his part for refreshments or food. BYO. DD right up the street.
He said that would be fine. SO, for those who desire to get together for a few hours to talk about their Miata's, work or mods done over the winter, the invitation is on. Look at it as a mini Mass Miata Day! He also said we could all travel over to Rota's Ice Cream for lunch and desert about 1:00 PM. Considering the proposed lunch time, I thought I'd arrive between 10 & 11 AM. So I'd like to hear who else is "on" for this get together. It has been a long, tortuous winter and I'm ready to re-connect. Who is coming?

And Bob has offered the lift to anyone that wants to do a small job requiring that sort of thing...just no techs available to assist...he will be doing a solo that day

Joe
3miataFamily

Return to Nutmeg Official Events